About Your Teacher

Meet Mrs. Khan

Hi! My name is Heba Mohsin Khan and this is my 7th year teaching! I taught second grade for two years and first grade for four years! This is my fifth year teaching first grade! I graduated from Kennesaw State University in December 2017 with my Bachelors in Early Childhood Education and graduated with my Masters in Instructional Technology also from KSU in 2022. I am also certified in Reading, ESOL, Teacher Leadership, and MIE. I got married to my college sweetheart on November 24, 2019! I have two beautiful boys. Ahil is 2 years old and Adam is 6 months old. I have a cat named, Maya, who I absolutely adore! I was born and raised right here in Marietta, Georgia. I love to travel, read, and teach! I can speak five different languages! My favorite color is pink and I LOVE COFFEE!

I worked hard to get here today and will do my very best to make sure every student has a great and exciting learning experience. We will begin reading a book about culture. We will introduce ourselves to the class and share something you would like us to know about your culture or something else interesting you would like us to know about yourself.

I love to read and I think it is very important in education. I want you all to enjoy reading and want you to understand how important it is to keep reading. I have wonderful activities planned for the year and I know you all will love them. I hope you are ready to have some fun! You are in for something you don’t want to miss!